Your roof is one of the most valuable assets in your home. It’s important to give it adequate time and attention. If your roof starts leaking, it likely requires repair. So what factors cause roof leaks, and how can you appropriately repair them?
- Debris: As branches, leaves, sticks and other debris live on your roof, they can retain water on the roof. This water may eventually make its way into your home. Keeping your roof and gutters clean and debris-free will help prevent leaks.
- Too much moisture: If you have higher roof gutters, they may drain to a lower part of your roof. This can cause that lower portion of your roof to hold too much moisture, which can lead to leaks. A roofing contractor can easily remedy this to direct water to the ground.
- Clogged gutters: Lingering backup in your gutters can prevent water from flowing from your roof. Gutter covers can help prevent this debris build-up. It’s also wise to make a habit of checking your gutters regularly.
- Holes: Your roof may have holes from a variety of sources. These will certainly lead to leaks if they are not addressed. A roof inspection by a roofing contractor will definitely identify any holes in your roof.
- Missing shingles: If you have barren spots on your roof, your roof is exposed. It may be challenging to spot missing shingles without getting on the roof. This is another easy spot for a roofing contractor as they inspect your roof.
Weatherproof Roofing is your Wesley Chapel, FL roofing contractor that strives to solve your roof replacement and residential roof repair needs in a professional and timely manner. We offer the best and most reliable guarantees in the industry. Our phone support staff are ready for your call 24 hours a day. Why not call us right now?