Although most roofing contractors are in business to deliver quality work for their clients, not all have the best of intentions. Here are some tips to prevent you from hiring the wrong Wesley Chapel roof contractor for your roofing project.
- Avoid contractors going door-to-door: Companies that are soliciting door to door may not have a local, reputable presence. Be especially cautious of those who are going door to door after a natural disaster. Scammers will try to take advantage of homeowners who believe their roof may have sustained damage in a major storm.
- Talk to others: Ask your neighbors, coworkers and friends who has done work on their roof and if they would recommend the contractor they’ve used. Word of mouth is a powerful way to determine the reputation of a contractor.
- Ask for references: Even if the contractor came to you through a recommendation, it’s a good idea to ask the contractor to provide additional references.
- Ask for proof of license and insurance: Once the contractor provides you proof of their license and insurance, you should verify that it is current and valid.
- Don’t pay up front: You should either pay once the work is complete, or provide 10% down only. This will avoid a scammer from taking your money and running.
Choosing the right roofer is important, and these tips can help you find the right Wesley Chapel roof contractor for your home.
Weatherproof Roofing is your Wesley Chapel, FL roof contractor that strives to solve your roof replacement and residential roof repair needs in a professional and timely manner. We offer the best and most reliable guarantees in the industry. Our phone support staff are ready for your call 24 hours a day. Why not call us right now?