You have several material options available to replace your home’s roof. Although asphalt shingles have long been the most popular roofing material in the US, metal roofs are growing in popularity. There are benefits, especially in our St. Petersburg Florida climate, to selecting a metal roof for your home.
- Durability: Even in extreme weather conditions, metal roofs offer great protection for your home from heavy rain and hurricane-powered winds. This material will not corrode or crack. Metal is also fire-resistant. Given the impacts that hurricanes can have in our climate, metal roofing is a good choice in this region.
- Lifespan: Metal roofs have a longer lifespan than shingles. A typical shingle roof will last 12-20 years, while a metal roof can last 40-70 years.
- Eco-Friendly: Metal roofs can reduce your electricity use by 25%. The sun’s heat reflects off the surface of the roof, making it easier to keep your home cool.
- Easy to Maintain: Metal roofs typically require less maintenance than an asphalt shingle roof or other roofing materials. For the most part, our heavy summer rains will keep the roof clean. It is still important to have a roofing professional inspect the roof periodically. This will help ensure the longevity of the roof.
- Aesthetics: Metal roofing is a great way to add style to your home’s curb appeal. It will also help set it apart from other homes that have roofs made of traditional roofing materials like tile or asphalt shingles.
Weatherproof Roofing is your St. Petersburg, FL roofing contractor that strives to solve your roof replacement and residential roof repair needs in a professional and timely manner. We offer the best and most reliable guarantees in the industry. Our phone support staff are ready for your call 24 hours a day. Why not call us right now?