If you’ve recently replaced the roof on your home, you know how costly and time consuming the project is. Once you have a new roof on your home, you should be eager to keep it pristine and well-maintained. Here are some tips to help keep your new roof in top shape for years to come.
- Inspect (from the ground) twice a year: During your semi-annual ground inspections, you should look for several things, including: shingles that are lifting or completely missing, damage to flashing, exposed fasteners or damage to your gutters.
- Keep your gutters clean: This is an important piece of maintenance that will help the longevity of your roof. Clean gutters are especially important during Florida’s hurricane season to help prevent any excess moisture from gathering on your roof.
- Keep surrounding trees trim: Heavy limbs can cause significant damage to your roof. In addition, buildup of branches, leaves and limbs can force the roof to deteriorate over time.
- Check your insulation: A well-insulated attic helps keep your roof in prime condition. Insulation acts as an additional barrier to moisture. It also helps keep your home cool.
- Check caulking too: Depending on the quality of caulking used in the installation of your new roof, you may need to re-caulk flashings. A roofing contractor can take a look at your caulking and see if it’s in good shape.
Regular roof inspections are an important part of maintaining your roof.
Weatherproof Roofing is your Palm Harbor, FL roofing contractor that strives to solve your roof replacement and residential roof repair needs in a professional and timely manner. We offer the best and most reliable guarantees in the industry. Our phone support staff are ready for your call 24 hours a day. Why not call us right now?